Tuesday, November 16, 2010

10 of My Favorite Things...

Good to be back on track... My works done (well, its not done yet, but I think I deserve a cool down for a sec...), tomorrow's a holiday... (Yippeee!!!), and tonight I'm going to watch more episodes of Vampire Diaries Season 1 on my DVD!! (All of the campus tasks had made me forget the episode... Uhh... I'm like 'Where was I left it?')


But first of all I intend to write this blog... I just had a thought in my mind the other day about The Favorite Things from The Sound of Music... You know? The movie? With Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer and those cute kids singing? (Speaking of Christopher Plummer, he did look handsome in that movie! And now he's a Grandpa!! :D)


So I just had this thought that I would like to share my favorite things...


I think this is going to be simple, and I'll make it as short as possible... (Anyway, these things are ONLY things that can be sensed by our senses, in the way that it is something 'real', can be touched, can be seen, etc etc...)


10. The smell of damp grass and air after a heavy rain...


9. The light blue sky without a cloud, or very few clouds... Along with a far and wide green meadow, or grassland.


8. The sound of bacon, or a ham, or sausages sizzled on the frying pan...


7. The silky white clean piece of paper with no single scratch on it... To sketch the papers alone is preferable though :)


6. Smooth and light silk dress... (Can't find a reason not to like it... :D)


5. Watching sad and deep storyline movies with sweet caramel popcorn in hand, feet on the couch...Crying not only because of the characters, but also of the acting accompanied by a great script...


4. Sitting alone in a windy day while watching people passing by, listening to some instrumental music.


3. The smell of old sheets of papers inside an old book, with all its crippled edge and yellowish papers...


2. Eating the 'Charms' out of "Kellogs Lucky Charms" cereal in the afternoon, as a snack rather than as a breakfast, NO milk added... Just plain cereals...


1. A light on the darkest nights, in forms of anything, candles, lightbulbs, anything...


Okay, thats all my favorite things... There are tons of other favorite things I'd like to share, but the page would not allow it... :) 
Anyway, spending my time thinking of these things made me appreciate more (and pay attention to details more) to the environment... Its good to look at every fragment that completed your life sometimes... Getting out of your routine, just feel what you have to feel at that time, and sensed using your five senses the beauty of life... That way you'll feel blessed and soon you'll find yourself appreciate your life more... :)

No comments: