Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wishing Well...?

The last time I wrote this blog I have said that I would explain to you about the title of this blog, and the meaning behind it...Why do I choose this title?Where does this weird idea came from?


The first thing I would like say, that I do not have any clue of how to make a blog, not to mention the contents... I admit that I don't really give much time to think about the title. So when I first convinced myself to write a blog, I just searched on Google, and then I found this on the top of the search list. I just clicked it and then I realized that THIS site, is maintained by Google and that I already know it, recall its name from somewhere on my Marketing or Entrepreneurship text book (I'm currently having a major on Management in univ). 


Okay, back to the topic. I want to start a blog right away, so I was wondering and looking inside my head for a good title. Then I suddenly think of fairytales, Snow White to be exact. This is mainly because that Snow White is the first Disney Animation movie, which was released on 1937. I still enjoyed fairytales now, as much as I do when I was a little girl, and I grew up with them too. So thinking about fairytale at the first place is not such a bizarre thing... For me of course, I don't know about you. The fact that I love fairytales stories so much, I chose this title... But where does it came from? the wishing well?


Do you remember the song that Snow White sang in the movie? The title is "I'm Wishing..." if I'm not mistaken. In the movie, Snow White was singing this song in front of the Wishing Well, while occasionally tilted her head to the side and cup her ears, listening to the echo of her voice. That's the one scene that I remembered. Pretty odd I know.


After I made this blog, then I searched for a dozen templates to use. I love to 'experiment' with the templates and themes to use, so I started to searched later on Google. What have I found? No, I don't find templates, instead I stumble upon a list after list of  'blog titles'. "How to make a cool blog titles", "The Perfect Blog Title" all that stuff. I was curious so then I clicked one link, and then I was like, "Oh no I should've read this and not trying to be a smartass before I knew the stuff", and so in a dumb face I finally found out that some people do 'googling' before they write a blog, to figure out what title might be 'catchy' enough for someone to find their blog easily (is that a word? Catchy?).


But then I think of this, my blog title is not mentioning a particular thing, such as movies or novels or anything, which is a good start, since I was not ready to write anything inside my blog and I still don't know what I'm going to do with it. Whereas other people usually knew what they would put inside their blog and then they put up a title that mentioned the content of their blog, for example about business.


The second thing I mused at that time, was that since this blog is about the Wishing Well on the story of Snow White, it can contained many things and stuff that Snow White wants, whereas for me, the Wishing Well would be many things and stuff that I, want to WRITE... (-.-")


Plus the word 'Wish' and 'Well' give a positive meaning, and so I hope that this blog can spur positives to the ones who reads it. "Wishing YOU well"... (Okay, maybe this one is a bit unconvincing... ;P)


So this comes to an end of me, 'bragging' about my blog title... :)


Thanks for taking your time to read my entry, am hoping you enjoyed it...
'Til next time...!
^0^v

No comments: